LOFTER for ipad —— 让兴趣,更有趣

点击下载 关闭
Alan Rickman Private Lives剧本翻译2
烧味双拼 2020-05-22

VICTOR [calling]: Mandy. 

维克多[叫道]:曼迪!


AMANDA [inside]: What? 

阿曼达[在房内回答]:怎么啦?

 

VICTOR: Come outside, the view is wonderful. 

维克多:出来看看,这景色真不错。

 

AMANDA: I'm still damp from the bath. Wait a minute –

阿曼达:我刚洗完澡还湿漉漉的,稍等一下--

 

[VICTOR lights a cigarette. Presently AMANDA comes out on

to the terrace. She is quite exquisite with a gay face and a perfect

figure. At the moment she is wearing a negligee] I shall catch

pneumonia, that's what I shall catch.

 

[维克多点了支烟,这时阿曼达从房间出来了,走到阳台上。她身材姣好,脸庞精致,正穿着一件质地轻薄的便服] 她说:“我真要得肺炎了!”

 

VICTOR [looking at her]: God! 

维克多[看着她]:天哪!

 

AMANDA: I beg your pardon? 

阿曼达:你说什么?

 

VICTOR: You look wonderful.

维克多:你看起来太美了。

 

AMANDA: Thank you, darling. 

阿曼达:谢谢你,亲爱的。

 

VICTOR: Like a beautiful advertisement for something. 

维克多:美的像什么东西的广告一样。

 

AMANDA: Nothing peculiar, I hope. 

阿曼达:我希望不是什么奇怪的东西。

 

VICTOR: I can hardly believe it's true. You and I, here alone

together, married! 

维克多:我真不敢相信,你和我,在这儿,结婚了!

 

AMANDA[Tubbing her face on his shoulder]: That stuff's very rough. 

阿曼达[把脸埋进他的肩膀里]:这个料子也太硬了吧。

 

VICTOR: Don't you like it? 

维克多:你不喜欢?

 

AMANDA: A bit hearty, isn't it? 

阿曼达:这衣服有点粗糙,不是吗?(镜头没拍到他们的表演,所以看不出上下文,凭感觉翻译的这句)

 

VICTOR: Do you love me?

维克多:你爱我吗?

 

AMANDA: Of course, that's why I'm here. 

阿曼达:当然,否则我也不会在这儿了。

 

VICTOR: More than --

维克多:比…

AMANDA: Now then, none of that. 

阿曼达:好了,别提那些。

 

VICTOR: No, but do you love me more than you loved Elyot? 

维克多:好吧,但你爱我胜于爱艾略特吗?

 

AMANDA: I don't remember, it's such a long time ago. 

阿曼达:我不记得和他在一起的感觉了,都过了那么久。

 

VICTOR: Not so very long. 

维克多:也没有很久。

 

AMANDA [flinging out her arms]: All my life ago. 

阿曼达[猛地抽出手臂]:感觉像上辈子的事。

 

VICTOR: I'd like to break his damned neck. 

维克多:我真想扭断他该死的脖子。

 

AMANDA [laughing]: Why? 

阿曼达[笑]:为什么?

 

VICTOR: For making you unhappy. 

维克多:因为他伤了你的心。

 

AMANDA: It was mutual. 

阿曼达:我俩是互相伤害。

 

VICTOR: Rubbish! It was all his fault; you know it was. 

维克多:没那回事!错全在他,你知道的。

 

AMANDA: Yes, it was, now I come to think about it. 

阿曼达:对,现在我仔细想想,真是他的错。

 

VICTOR: Swine! 

维克多:贱人!

 

AMANDA: Don't be so vehement, darling.

阿曼达:亲爱的,别这么暴躁。

 

VICTOR: I'll never treat you like that. 

维克多:我永远不会那样对你。

 

AMANDA: That's right. 

阿曼达:我知道你不会。

 

VICTOR: I love you too much. 

维克多:我太爱你了。

 

AMANDA: So did he. 

阿曼达:他也是啊。

 

VICTOR: Fine sort of love that is. He struck you once, didn't he? 

维克多:那他可爱得真好,他打过你一次,对吧?

 

AMANDA: More than once. 

阿曼达:不止一次。

 

VICTOR: Where?

维克多:他打你哪儿了?

 

AMANDA: Several places. 

阿曼达:好几个地方。

 

VICTOR: What a cad. 

维克多:他就是个流氓!

 

AMANDA: I struck him too. Once I broke four gramophone

records over his head. It was very satisfying. 

阿曼达:我也打过他,有一次我在他头上砸烂了四张黑胶唱片,那感觉真不错。

 

VICTOR: You must have been driven to distraction.

维克多:你肯定不是故意的。

 

AMANDA: Yes, I was, but don't let's talk about it, please. After all,

it's a dreary subject for our honeymoon night. 

阿曼达:是的,但我们别再聊这个了,免得煞了蜜月晚上的风景。

 

VICTOR: He didn't know when he was well off. 

维克多:他不懂得珍惜你。

 

AMANDA: Look at the lights of that yacht reflected in the water. 

I wonder whose it is. 

阿曼达:看那船的灯光投射到水面上,不知道是谁的游艇呢?

 

VICTOR: We must bathe tomorrow. 

维克多:明天我们应该去游泳。

 

AMANDA: Yes. I want to get a nice sunburn.

阿曼达:好,我也想晒黑点。

 

VICTOR [reproachfully]: Mandy! 

维克多[责备地]:曼迪!

 

AMANDA: Why, what's the matter?

阿曼达:干嘛?

 

VICTOR: I hate sunburnt women. 

维克多:我讨厌女人晒黑!

 

AMANDA: Why? 

阿曼达:为什么?

 

VICTOR: It's somehow, well, unsuitable. 

维克多:嗯,就是,不太合适。

 

AMANDA: It's awfully suitable to me, darling. 

阿曼达:晒黑就很适合我,亲爱的。

 

VICTOR: Of course if you really want to. 

维克多:当然了,如果你真的想那样的话。

 

AMANDA: I'm absolutely determined. I've got masses of lovely

oil to rub all over myself. 

阿曼达:我已经决定了,我还买了很多美黑油可以涂满全身。

 

VICTOR: Your skin is so beautiful as it is. 

维克多:你的皮肤本来就很漂亮了。

 

AMANDA: Wait and see. When I'm done a nice crisp brown, 

you'll fall in love with me all over again. 

阿曼达:走着瞧吧,等我晒成古铜色,你会重新爱上我一次。

 

VICTOR: I couldn't love you more than I do now.

维克多:我现在已经是最爱你了。

 

AMANDA: Oh, dear. I did so hope our honeymoon was going to be

progressive. 

阿曼达:噢亲爱的,我这样做是为了给我们的蜜月来点新意。

 

VICTOR: Where did you spend the last one? 

维克多:你上一个蜜月是在哪儿过呢?

 

AMANDA [warningly]: Victor. 

阿曼达[警告地]:维克多。

 

VICTOR: I want to know. 

维克多:我想知道嘛。

 

AMANDA: St. Moritz. It was very attractive. 

阿曼达:圣莫里茨,非常美的地方。

 

VICTOR: I hate St. Moritz. 

维克多:我讨厌圣莫里茨。

 

AMANDA: So do I.

阿曼达:我也讨厌。

 

VICTOR: Did he start quarrelling with you right away? 

维克多:他一去到就跟你吵起来了吗?

 

AMANDA: Within the first few days. I put it down to the high altitudes.

阿曼达:蜜月的头几天就吵了,我还以为是高原反应惹的祸。

 

VICTOR: And you loved him? 

维克多:而你爱他?

 

AMANDA: Yes, Victor. 

阿曼达:是的,维克多。

 

VICTOR: You poor child. 

维克多:你真是个小可怜。

 

AMANDA: You must try not to be pompous, dear. [She turns away.] 

阿曼达:希望你讲话不要那么油腻,亲爱的。[她转过身]

 

VICTOR [hurt]: Mandy! 

维克多[伤心地]:曼迪!

 

AMANDA: I don't believe I'm a bit like what you think I am.

阿曼达:我不喜欢被你那样叫。

 

VICTOR: How do you mean?

维克多:什么意思?

 

AMANDA: I was never a poor child.

阿曼达:我才不是小可怜。

 

VICTOR: Figure of speech, dear, that's all.

维克多:那只是一种修辞手法,亲爱的。

 

AMANDA: I suffered a good deal, and had my heart broken. But it

wasn't an innocent girlish heart. It was jagged with sophistication.

I've always been sophisticated, far too knowing. That caused

many of my rows with Elyot. I irritated him because he knew I

could see through him.

阿曼达:我确实很痛苦,被他伤透了心,但那不是因为我是个天真的小女孩,我全身上下都写着“复杂”两个字。是我想得太深、懂得太多,导致我和艾略特经常吵个不停,他生气是因为我能看透他。

 

VICTOR: I don't mind how much you see through me.

维克多:我可不介意你看透我。

 

AMANDA: Sweet.

阿曼达:真好。

[She kisses him.]

[她吻了他]

VICTOR: I'm going to make you happy.

维克多:我会让你快乐的。

 

AMANDA: Are you?

阿曼达:是吗?

 

VICTOR: just by looking after you, and seeing that you're all right, you know.

维克多:你知道的,我会照顾你,确保你过得很好。

 

AMANDA [a trifle wistfully]: No, I don't know.

阿曼达[带着点渴望]:不,我不知道。

 

VICTOR: I think you love me quite differently from the way you loved Elyot.

维克多:你用一种和爱艾略特不同的方式爱我。


AMANDA: Do stop harping on Elyot.

阿曼达:别再唠叨艾略特了。

 

VICTOR: It's true, though, isn't it?

维克多:可我的猜测是对的,不是吗?

 

AMANDA: I love you much more calmly, if that's what you mean.

阿曼达:我以一种更平静的方式爱你,如果你是那个意思的话。

 

VICTOR: More lastingly?

维克多:更细水长流?

 

AMANDA: I expect so.

阿曼达:我是这么希望的。

 

VICTOR: Do you remember when I first met you?

维克多:你记得我们第一次见面的时候吗?

 

AMANDA: Yes. Distinctly.

阿曼达:当然,我记得很清楚。

 

VICTOR: At Marion Vale's party.

维克多:在马里恩·维尔的派对上。

 

AMANDA: Yes.

阿曼达:对。

 

VICTOR: Wasn't it wonderful?

维克多:那时真美好,不是吗?

 

AMANDA: Not really, dear. It was only redeemed from the

completely commonplace by the fact of my having hiccoughs.

阿曼达:也没有多好,亲爱的。除了我不停地打嗝以外就是很普通的一天。

 

VICTOR: I never noticed them.

维克多:我没注意到你打嗝的事。

 

AMANDA: Love at first sight.

阿曼达:你对我一见钟情。

 

VICTOR: Where did you first meet Elyot?

维克多:你和艾略特在哪初遇的呢?

 

AMANDA: To hell with Elyot.

阿曼达:去他妈的艾略特。

 

VICTOR: Mandy!

维克多:曼迪!

 

AMANDA: I forbid you to mention his name again. I'm sick of the

sound of it. You must be raving mad. Here we are

on the first night of our honeymoon, with the moon coming up, and

the music playing, and all you can do is to talk about my first

husband. It's downright sacrilegious.

阿曼达:我不许你再提他的名字!光是听到那个发音我都要吐了,你简直有毛病,我们在这享受蜜月的第一个夜晚,有月亮还有美妙的音乐,偏偏你就揪着我前夫的事情问个没完,真是无礼到家了。

 

VICTOR: Don't be angry.

维克多:别生气嘛。

 

AMANDA: Well, it's very annoying.

阿曼达:太气人了!

 

VICTOR: Will you forgive me?

维克多:你能原谅我吗?

 

AMANDA: Yes; only don't do it again.

阿曼达:可以,只要你别再犯同样的错误了。

 

VICTOR: I promise.

维克多:我保证。

 

AMANDA: You'd better go and dress now, you haven't bathed yet.

阿曼达:快点进去换衣服吧,你还没洗澡呢。

 

VICTOR: Where shall we dine, downstairs here, or at the Casino?

维克多:我们去哪吃好呢,在这还是赌场?

 

AMANDA: The Casino is more fun, I think.

阿曼达:感觉赌场更有意思。

 

VICTOR: We can play boule afterwards.

维克多:吃完我们还能玩玩轮盘赌。

 

AMANDA: No, we can't, dear.

阿曼达:不,我们不玩,亲爱的。

 

VICTOR: Don't you like dear old boule?

维克多:你不喜欢轮盘赌吗?

 

AMANDA: No, I hate dear old boule. We'll play a nice game of

chemin de fer.

阿曼达:不,我讨厌轮盘赌。我们可以玩百家乐。

 

VICTOR [apprehensively]: Not at the big table?

维克多[担忧地说]:不会在大桌子上吧?

 

AMANDA: Maybe at the biggest table.

阿曼达:也许在最大的桌子上呢。

 

VICROR: You're not a terrible gambler, are you?

维克多:你不会是个赌鬼吧?

 

AMANDA: Inveterate. Chance rules my life.

阿曼达:积习难改啊,我的人生充满了赌博。

 

VICTOR: What nonsense.

维克多:简直胡说八道。

 

AMANDA: How can you say it's nonsense. It was chance meeting

you. It was chance falling in love; it's chance that we're here,

particularly after your driving. Everything that happens is chance.

阿曼达:你怎么能说我胡说八道呢?这种不确定性使我们相遇、相爱、最终来到了这里,尤其是在你开车的情况下,我们还能安全到达,这一切都是运气。

 

VICTOR: You know I feel rather scared of you at close quarters.

维克多:你知道,有时候我和你离得太近就会感到害怕。

 

AMANDA: That promises to be very embarrassing.

阿曼达:那可真尴尬。

 

VICTOR: You're somehow different now, wilder than I thought you were, more strained.

维克多:我觉得你哪里不太一样了,比我印象中更狂野、更紧张。

 

AMANDA: Wilder! Oh Victor, I've never felt less wild in my life. A

little strained, I grant you, but that's the newly married

atmosphere; you can't expect anything else. Honeymooning is a

very overrated amusement.

阿曼达:狂野!噢维克多,我从来没像现在这样狂野过。我确实有点紧张,不过那是因为新婚的关系,没别的了,度蜜月的喜悦总是被人高估。

 

VICTOR: You say that because you had a ghastly experience before.

维克多:你只是因为自己有过糟糕的经历才这么说。

 

AMANDA: There you go again.

阿曼达:你看看你又提这个。

 

VICTOR: It couldn't fail to embitter you a little.

维克多:它也不会使你更沮丧了。

 

AMANDA: The honeymoon wasn't such a ghastly experience really;

it was afterwards that was so awful.

阿曼达:那次蜜月也没有那么糟糕,是后来发生的事让人讨厌。

 

VICTOR: I intend to make you forget it all entirely.

维克多:我想让你把那些不快的经历完全抛诸脑后。

 

AMANDA: You won't succeed by making constant references to it.

阿曼达:你老提起它,我又怎么能忘记呢?

 

VICTOR: I wish I knew you better.

维克多:我只是希望能了解你多一点。

 

AMANDA: It's just as well you don't. The "woman" -- in italics--should

always retain a certain amount of alluring feminine mystery for

the "man"--also in italics.

阿曼达:你最好就不要那么做,“女人”应该永远给“男人”留有一些诱人的神秘感。

 

VICTOR: What about the man? Isn't he allowed to have any mystery?

维克多:那男人呢?允许男人保持神秘吗?

 

AMANDA: Absolutely none. Transparent as glass.

阿曼达:绝对不能,男人应该像玻璃杯一样一目了然。

 

VICTOR: Oh, I see.

维克多:噢,好吧。

 

AMANDA: Never mind, darling; it doesn't necessarily work out like

that; it's only supposed to.

阿曼达:别担心,亲爱的,不是必须得那样,只是一般情况下最好这么做。

 

VICTOR: I'm glad I'm normal.

维克多:我很高兴我只是个正常人。

 

AMANDA: What an odd thing to be glad about. Why?

阿曼达:为什么?谁会高兴做个正常人呢?

 

VICTOR: Well, aren't you?

维克多:难道你觉得正常不好?

 

AMANDA: I'm not so sure I'm normal.

阿曼达:我可不确定我是不是正常人。

 

VICTOR: Oh, Mandy, of course you are, sweetly, divinely normal.

维克多:噢曼迪,你当然是,可爱的、天仙一样的正常人。

 

AMANDA: I haven't any peculiar cravings for Chinamen or old boots,

if that's what you mean.

阿曼达:我对中国人或者破靴子没什么特别的癖好,如果你说的是那个的话。

 

VICTOR [scandalized]: Mandy!

维克多[震惊地]:曼迪!

 

AMANDA: I think very few people are completely normal really,

deep down in their private lives. It all depends on a combination of

circumstances. If all the various cosmic thingummys fuse at the

same moment, and the right spark is struck, there's no knowing

what one mightn't do. That was the trouble with Elyot and me, we

were like two violent acids bubbling about in a nasty little

matrimonial bottle.

阿曼达:我觉得在私生活里,其实没有几个人是完全正常的,都取决于当下的状况。如果宇宙间的一切突然熔合,只要火花一闪,还有什么是他们做不出来的呢?这就是我和艾略特的问题所在,我们就像两种强酸,被困在婚姻这个肮脏的小瓶子里滋滋地冒着泡。

 

VICTOR: I don't believe you're nearly as complex as you think you are.

维克多:我觉得你把自己想复杂了。

 

AMANDA: I don't think I'm particularly complex, but I know I'm unreliable.

阿曼达:我不认为我有多复杂,但我知道自己不可靠。

 

VICTOR: You're frightening me horribly. In what way unreliable?

维克多:你真吓到我了,你哪里不可靠呢?

 

AMANDA: I'm so apt to see things the wrong way round. 

阿曼达:我总倾向于把事情往错误的方向想。

 

VICTOR: What sort of things?

维克多:比如呢?

 

AMANDA: Morals. What one should do and what one shouldn't.

阿曼达:道德之类的,一个人该做什么,不该做什么。

 

VICTOR [fondly]: Darling, you're so sweet.

维克多[深情地]:你真可爱。

 

AMANDA: Thank you, Victor, that's most encouraging. You really must

have your bath now. Come along.

阿曼达:谢谢你的赞美,维克多,现在你真的得去洗澡了,走吧。

 

VICTOR: Kiss me.

维克多:亲我。

 

AMANDA [doing so]: There, dear, hurry now; I've only got to slip my dress

on and then I shall be ready.

阿曼达[亲他]:给你,亲爱的,快去吧,我只要换条裙子就能出发了。

 

VICTOR: Give me ten minutes.

维克多:给我十分钟。

 

AMANDA: I'll bring the cocktails out here when they come. VICTOR: Allright.

阿曼达:等鸡尾酒上了之后我会把它们端来阳台。维克多:好的。

 

AMANDA: Go along now, hurry.

阿曼达:快去吧。

 

[They both disappear into their suite. After a moment's pause ELYOT

steps carefully on to the terrace carrying a tray upon which are two

champagne cocktails. He puts the tray down on the table.]

[他们走进了套房里。过了一会儿,艾略特端着托盘小心翼翼地走出阳台,上面是两杯香槟鸡尾酒,他把托盘放到桌子上。]


推荐文章
评论(5)
联系我们|招贤纳士|移动客户端|风格模板|官方博客|侵权投诉 Reporting Infringements|未成年人有害信息举报 0571-89852053|涉企举报专区
网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2024  浙公网安备 33010802010186号 浙ICP备16011220号-11 增值电信业务经营许可证:浙B2-20160599
网络文化经营许可证: 浙网文[2022]1208-054号 自营经营者信息 工业和信息化部备案管理系统网站 12318全国文化市场举报网站
网信算备330108093980202220015号 网信算备330108093980204230011号
分享到
转载我的主页