LOFTER for ipad —— 让兴趣,更有趣

点击下载 关闭
Alan Rickman Private Lives剧本翻译6
烧味双拼 2020-05-31

ELYOT [after a slight pause]: Are you engaged for this dance?

艾略特[停顿了一下]:小姐,请问你约好舞伴了吗?


AMANDA: Funnily enough I was, but my partner was suddenly taken ill.

阿曼达:说来也巧,我约了,但他突然生病了。


ELYOT [rising and going to the gramophone]: It's this damned smallpox epidemic.

艾略特[起身走向留声机]:都怪该死的天花病毒!


AMANDA: No, as a matter of fact it was kidney trouble.

阿曼达:不,实际上他只是肾虚。


ELYOT: You'll dance it with me I hope?

艾略特:你会和我跳舞的吧?


AMANDA [rising]: I shall be charmed.

阿曼达[起身]:我情不自禁。


ELYOT [as they dance]: Quite a good floor, isn't it?

艾略特[边跳着舞]:这地板不错,是不是?


AMANDA: Yes, I think it needs a little Borax.

阿曼达:嗯,我觉得它需要用硼砂清理一下。


ELYOT: I love Borax.

艾略特:我爱硼砂。


AMANDA: Is that the Grand Duchess Olga lying under the piano?

阿曼达:躺在钢琴底下的那个是大公爵夫人奥尔加吗?


ELYOT: Yes, her husband died a few weeks ago, you know, on his way back from Pulborough. So sad.

艾略特:对,她丈夫几个星期前去世了,就在从普尔伯勒回来的路上,真难过。


AMANDA: What on earth was he doing in Pulborough?

阿曼达:他去普尔伯勒干嘛?


ELYOT: Nobody knows exactly, but there have been the usual stories.

艾略特:没人知道真相,但来来去去不都是那些故事。


AMANDA: I see.

阿曼达:我懂了。


ELYOT: Delightful parties Lady Bundle always gives, doesn't she?

艾略特:邦德女士的派对一如既往的欢乐,不是吗?


AMANDA: Entrancing. Such a dear old lady.

阿曼达:让人着迷,她也是个可爱的老太太。


ELYOT: And so gay. Did you notice her at supper blowing all those shrimps through her ear trumpet?

艾略特:而且她总是那么搞笑,你看到她在晚餐的时候用助听器吹那些虾了吗?

(这里指形状像小号的老式助听器)


[The tune comes to an end. AMANDA Sits on the edge of the sofa, pensively.]

[音乐停了,阿曼达若有所思地坐在沙发边上]


ELYOT: What are you thinking about?

艾略特:你在想什么呢?


AMANDA: Nothing in particular.

阿曼达:没什么。


ELYOT: Come on, I know that face.

艾略特:不可能,我认得你这个表情。


AMANDA: Poor Sibyl.

阿曼达:可怜的西比尔。


ELYOT: Sibyl?

艾略特:西比尔?


AMANDA: Yes, I suppose she loves you terribly.

阿曼达:嗯,我想她一定很爱你。


ELYOT: Not as much as all that; she didn't have a chance to get really under way.

艾略特:没有那么夸张,她都还没机会踏上爱我的旅途呢。


AMANDA: I expect she's dreadfully unhappy.

阿曼达:她肯定非常难过。


ELYOT: Oh, do shut up, Amanda, we've had all that out before.

艾略特:噢,快闭嘴吧,我们都聊过这个话题了。


AMANDA: We've certainly been pretty busy trying to justify ourselves.

阿曼达:我们所谓的聊过不就是千方百计为自己找借口吗?


ELYOT: It isn't a question of justifying ourselves; it's the true values of the situation that are really important. The moment we saw one another again we knew it was no use going on. We knew it instantly really, although we tried to pretend to ourselves that we didn't. What we've got to be thankful for is that we made the break straight away, and not later.

艾略特:这不是找借口的问题,重要的是实际情况怎么样。我们重遇对方的那一瞬间,就知道继续自欺欺人是没有用的,应该庆幸的是,我们当机立断,从那两段婚姻中抽身了,而不是以后才追悔莫及。


AMANDA You think we should have done it anyhow?

阿曼达:你认为我们无论如何都该这么做?


ELYOT: Of course, and things would have been in a worse mess than they are now.

艾略特:当然了,否则事情只会更糟。


AMANDA: And what if we'd never happened to meet again. Would you have been quite happy with Sibyl?

阿曼达:那要是我们没有重遇呢?你和西比尔会快乐地生活下去吗?


ELYOT: I expect so.

艾略特:也许吧。


AMANDA: Oh, Elyot!

阿曼达:噢,艾略特!


ELYOT: You needn't look so stricken. It would have been the same with you and Victor. Life would have been smooth, and amicable, and quite charming, wouldn't it?

艾略特:没必要那么受打击,你和维克多也一样。就算我们没有重遇,生活最终也会平静而快乐,不是吗?


AMANDA: Poor dear Victor. He certainly did love me.

阿曼达:可怜的维克多,他真的很爱我。


ELYOT: Splendid.

艾略特:好极了。


AMANDA: When I met him I was so lonely and depressed, I felt that I was getting old, and crumbling away unwanted.

阿曼达:遇见他的时候我是那么孤独又抑郁,感觉自己会孑然一身直到老去。


ELYOT: It certainly is horrid when one begins to crumble.

艾略特:人都要老坏了当然可怕。


AMANDA [wistfully]: He used to look at me hopelessly like a lovely spaniel, and I sort of melted like snow in the sunlight.

阿曼达[希冀地]:他用那种狗狗一样的眼神看我的时候,我都要融化了。


ELYOT: That must have been an edifying spectacle.

艾略特:那肯定是个令人陶醉的景象。


AMANDA: Victor really had a great charm.

阿曼达:维克多真的很有魅力。


ELYOT: You must tell me all about it.

艾略特:我迫不及待想听更多关于他的事了。


AMANDA: He had a positive mania for looking after me, and protecting me.

阿曼达:他总爱照顾我,对我还有一种健康的保护欲。


ELYOT: That would have died down in time, dear.

艾略特:那会随着时间流逝而消失,亲爱的。


AMANDA: You mustn't be rude; there's no necessity to be rude.

阿曼达:你不能这么无礼,没必要这样。


ELYOT: I wasn't in the least rude; I merely made a perfectly rational statement.

艾略特:我只是陈述一个合情合理的事实。


AMANDA: Your voice was decidedly bitter.

阿曼达:你的语气明明令人不快。


ELYOT: Victor had glorious legs, hadn't he? And fascinating ears.

艾略特:维克多的腿和耳朵都很漂亮,对吗?


AMANDA: Don't be silly.

阿曼达:别犯傻。


ELYOT: He probably looked radiant in the morning, all flushed and tumbled on the pillow.

艾略特:我猜他早上起来的时候脸红红的,容光焕发。


AMANDA: I never saw him on the pillow.

阿曼达:我都没见过他起床的时候。


ELYOT: I'm surprised to hear it.

艾略特:真让我惊讶。


AMANDA [angrily]: Elyot!

阿曼达[生气地说]:艾略特!


Elyot: There's no need to be cross.

艾略特:没必要这么气鼓鼓。


AMANDA: What did you mean by that?

阿曼达:你说这话什么意思?


ELYOT: I'm sick of listening to you yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yapping about Victor.

艾略特:我都烦了,听你维克多这,维克多那,叨叨叨叨叨叨。


AMANDA: Now listen Elyot, once and for all —,

阿曼达:听着艾略特,我就说这么一次——


ELYOT: Oh my dear, Sollocks! Sollocks! -- two minutes -- Sollocks.

艾略特:噢我的天,索罗克斯!索罗克斯!暂停两分钟!索罗克斯。


AMANDA: But —

阿曼达:但是——


ELYOT [firmly]: Sollocks! 

艾略特[坚定地说]:索罗克斯!


[They sit in dead silence, looking at each other. AMANDA makes a sign that she wants a cigarette. ELYOT gets up, hands her the box, and lights one for her and himself. AMANDA rises and walks over to the window, and stands there, looking out for a moment. Presently ELYOT joins her. She slips her arm through his, and they kiss lightly. They draw the curtains and then come down and sit side by side on the sofa. ELYOT looks at his watch. AMANDA raises her eyebrows at him and he nods, then they both sigh, audibly]

[他们安静地坐在那儿盯着对方。阿曼达示意要烟,艾略特起身递给她烟盒并给他俩都各点了一支。阿曼达站起来走向窗边,在那伫立眺望了一会儿,这时艾略特也走到了她身边。她挽住艾略特的手臂轻吻他,他们把窗帘拉上,又一起回到沙发上坐下,艾略特看了看表,阿曼达挑眉看着他,艾略特点头,然后他们同时叹了口气] 


ELYOT: That was a near thing.

艾略特:刚才真险啊。


AMANDA: It was my fault. I'm terribly sorry, darling.

阿曼达:是我的错,真的很抱歉,亲爱的。


ELYOT: I was very irritating, I know I was. I'm sure Victor was awfully nice, and you're perfectly right to be sweet about him.

艾略特:我也很烦人,我知道的。我相信维克多人的确很不错,而你完全有理由喜欢他。


AMANDA: That's downright handsome of you. Sweetheart!

阿曼达:你太帅了,小甜心!


[She kisses him.]

[她吻了他]


ELYOT [leaning back with her on the sofa]: I think I love you more than ever before. Isn't it ridiculous? Put your feet up.

艾略特[和她一起躺在沙发上]:我觉得我比以前更爱你了,这听起来会很荒谬吗?把脚抬起来。


[She puts her legs across his, and they snuggle back together in the corner of the sofa, his head resting on her shoulder.]

[她把腿架上他的,他们依偎着倒在沙发一角,他把头靠在她肩膀上。]


AMANDA: Comfortable?

阿曼达:姿势还舒服吗?


ELYOT: Almost, wait a minute.

艾略特:差不多了,等我一下。


[He struggles a bit and then settles down with a sigh.]

[他挣扎着调整了一下,然后舒服地叹了口气]


AMANDA: How long, Oh Lord, how long?

阿曼达:多久,噢上帝啊,还有多久?


ELYOT [drowsily]: What do you mean, "How long, Oh Lord, how long?”

艾略特[懒洋洋地说]:你说“上帝啊还有多久”是什么意思?


AMANDA: This is far too perfect to last.

阿曼达:这种美好能持续吗?


ELYOT: You have no faith, that's what's wrong with you.

艾略特:你对我们没有信心,那就是你的问题所在。


AMANDA: Absolutely none.

阿曼达:完全没信心。


ELYOT: Don't you believe in-?

艾略特:你不相信——


[He nods upwards.]

[他抬头示意了一下天上]


AMANDA: No, do you?

阿曼达:不太信,你呢?


ELYOT [shaking his head]: No. What about-?

艾略特[摇头]:我也不,那——


[He points downwards.]

[他又指了指地上]


AMANDA: Oh, dear no.

阿曼达:噢完全不。


ELYOT: Don't you believe in anything?

艾略特:你什么都不信吗?


AMANDA: Oh yes, I believe in being kind to everyone, and giving money to old beggar women, and being as gay as possible.

阿曼达:我相信待人和善,慷慨仗义,还有及时行乐。


ELYOT: What about after we're dead?

艾略特:那我们死后会怎么样呢?


AMANDA: I think a rather gloomy merging into everything, don't you?

阿曼达:我想就是融入一个幽暗的世界吧,你不这么认为吗?


ELYOT: I hope not; I'm a bad merger.

艾略特:我希望不是,我从来都不合群,融入不了。


AMANDA: You won't know a thing about it.

阿曼达:那一瞬间,你什么也感觉不到的。


ELYOT: I hope for a glorious oblivion, like being under gas. 

艾略特:我想要在光辉里一忘皆空,就像被麻醉了那样。


AMANDA: I always dream the most peculiar things under gas. 

阿曼达:麻醉总是让我觉得很不舒服。


ELYOT: Would you be young always? If you could choose?

艾略特:假如可以选择,你希望永葆青春吗?


AMANDA: No, I don't think so, not if it meant having awful bull's glands popped into me.

阿曼达:不,如果那意味着一辈子像头被强制发情的公牛一样的话。


ELYOT: Cow's for you, dear. Bull's for me.

艾略特:你应该说母牛,我才是公牛。


AMANDA: We certainly live in a marvellous age.

阿曼达:我们现在正是黄金年龄。


ELYOT: Too marvellous. It's alright if you happen to be a specialist at something, then you're too concentrated to pay attention to all the other things going on. But, for the ordinary observer, it's too much.

艾略特:黄金过头了,如果是某个领域的专家的话倒还好,那就能沉浸在自己的专业里不管别的事情,但对普通人来说,我们已经很老了。


AMANDA [snuggling closer]: Far, far too much.

阿曼达[贴近他]:太老了。


ELYOT: Take the radio for instance.

艾略特:以收音机为例——


AMANDA: Oh darling, don't let's take the radio.

阿曼达:噢亲爱的,别说收音机。


ELYOT: Well, aeroplanes then, and Cosmic Atoms, and Television, and those gland injections we were talking about just now.

艾略特:好吧,那以飞机为例,或者原子,或者电视,或者我们刚刚说的牛腺体注射。


AMANDA: It must be so nasty for the poor animals, being experimented on.

阿曼达:在可怜的小动物身上做实验真是个丑恶的行径。


ELYOT: Not when the experiments are successful. Why in Vienna I believe you can see whole lines of decrepit old rats carrying on like Tiller Girls.

艾略特:实验成功你就不会这么说了,在维也纳你可以欣赏整队整队的老鼠像美女舞蹈团一样行进。


AMANDA [laughing]: Oh, how very, very sweet.

阿曼达[笑着说]:噢,那画面太美了。


ELYOT [burying his face in her shoulder]: I do love you so.

艾略特[把脸埋进她的肩膀里]:我真的好爱你。


AMANDA: Don't blow, dear heart, it gives me the shivers.

阿曼达:别吹气,小心肝儿,这让我颤抖。


ELYOT [trying to kiss her]: Swivel your face round a bit more. 

艾略特[想亲她]:把脸转过来一点。


AMANDA [obliging]: That better?

阿曼达[按他说的]:这样行不?


ELYOT [kissing her lingeringly]: Very nice, thank you kindly.

艾略特[缠绵地亲吻她]:这样很好,谢谢你。


AMANDA [twining her arms round his neck]: Darling, you're so terribly, terribly dear, and sweet, and attractive.

阿曼达[胳膊缠着他的脖子]:亲爱的,你真的非常、无比、超级可爱又迷人。


[She pulls his head down to her again and they kiss lovingly.]

[她把他的头拉低了一点,又亲热地吻上去]


ELYOT [Softly]: We were raving mad, ever to part, even for an instant.

艾略特[温柔地]:我们竟然曾经想要分开,哪怕是一秒钟,我们肯定疯了才会那样做。


AMANDA: Utter imbeciles.

阿曼达:简直是蠢到家了。


ELYOT: I realized it almost immediately, didn't you?

艾略特:分开的一瞬间我就知道那是个错误,你不觉得吗?


AMANDA: Long before we got our decree.

阿曼达:早在签离婚协议之前我就意识到了。


ELYOT: My heart broke on that damned trip round the world. I saw such beautiful things, darling. Moonlight shining on old temples, strange barbaric dances in jungle villages, scarlet flamingoes flying over deep, deep blue water. Breathlessly lovely, and completely unexciting because you weren't there to see them with me.

艾略特:在环游狗屁世界的时候我的心都要碎了。我看见那么多奇景,月光洒在庙宇上,森林里原始怪异的舞蹈,红红的火烈鸟飞跃湛蓝的湖泊,美得令人无法呼吸,却丝毫不能令我兴奋,只因为你不在那儿。


AMANDA [kissing him again]: Take me please, take me at once, let's make up for lost time.

阿曼达[再次吻他]:带我去吧,现在就带我走,让我们弥补失去的时光。


ELYOT: Next week?

艾略特:下星期?


AMANDA: Tomorrow.

阿曼达:就明天。


ELYOT: Done.

艾略特:决定了。


AMANDA: I must see those dear flamingoes. 

阿曼达:我一定要看看那些火烈鸟。


ELYOT: Angel. Angel. Angel.

艾略特:天使,天使,天使。


[He kisses her passionately.]

[他激情地吻了她]


AMANDA [struggling slightly]: No, Elyot, stop now, stop

阿曼达[轻轻挣扎]:不,艾略特,停下。


ELYOT: Why should I stop? You know you adore being made love to.

艾略特:为什么要停?你知道你喜欢和我做这个。


AMANDA [through his kisses]: It's so soon after dinner.

阿曼达[在亲吻间说]:这才刚吃完晚饭。


ELYOT [jumping up rather angrily]: You really do say most awful things.

艾略特[愤怒地跳起来]:你能说出最气人的话!


AMANDA [tidying her hair]: I don't see anything particularly awful about that.

阿曼达[扎起头发]:我没看出你生气的点在哪。


ELYOT: No sense of glamor, no sense of glamor at all.

艾略特:你真没情趣,完全没有!


AMANDA: It's difficult to feel really glamorous with a crick in the neck.

阿曼达:当你扭到脖子的时候很难有情趣。


ELYOT: Why didn't you say you had a crick in your neck?

艾略特:那你干嘛不直说你扭到了脖子呢?


AMANDA [sweetly]: It's gone now.

阿曼达[甜甜地说]:现在好了。


ELYOT: How convenient.

艾略特:扭得真是时候。


[He lights a cigarette.]

[他点了一支烟]


AMANDA [holding out her hand]: I want one please.

阿曼达[伸出手]:我也想要一支。


ELYOT [throwing her one]: Here.

艾略特[扔给她]:拿去。


AMANDA: Match?

阿曼达:火柴呢?


ELYOT [impatiently]: Wait a minute, can't you?

艾略特[不耐烦地说]:你就不能等一下吗?


AMANDA: Chivalrous little love.

阿曼达:体贴的小可爱。


ELYOT [throwing the matches at her]: Here.

艾略特[把火柴扔给她]:接着。


AMANDA [coldly]: Thank you very much indeed.

阿曼达[冷酷地说]:真是太谢谢您了。


[There is a silence for a moment.]

[一时间,两人都没有说话]


ELYOT: You really can be more irritating than anyone in the world.

艾略特:你是世界上最气人的家伙。


AMANDA: I fail to see what I've done that's so terribly irritating.

阿曼达:我看不出我做了什么那么让你生气。


ELYOT: You have no tact.

艾略特:你一点都不会聊天。


AMANDA: Tact. You have no consideration.

阿曼达:我不会聊天?那你一点都不体谅人。


ELYOT [walking up and down]: Too soon after dinner indeed. 

艾略特[焦躁地走来走去]:“才刚吃完饭”,哼。


AMANDA: Yes, much too soon.

阿曼达:是啊,时间太早了。


ELYOT: That sort of remark shows rather a common sort of mind, I'm afraid.

艾略特:你说的话反映了你怎么想。


AMANDA: Oh it does, does it?

阿曼达:哦是吗?


ELYOT: Very unpleasant, makes me shudder.

艾略特:非常讨厌,气得我发抖。


AMANDA: Making all this fuss just because your silly vanity is a little upset.

阿曼达:只是因为你的虚荣心有点受伤,你就在这里大发牢骚。


ELYOT: Vanity: What do you mean, vanity?

艾略特:我虚荣?你什么意思?


AMANDA: You can't bear the thought that there are certain moments when our chemical, what d'you call 'ems, don't fuse properly.

阿曼达:你接受不了有时候我们的化学反应…你怎么称呼它来着…我们的熔合反应没有你想象的那么强烈。


ELYOT[derisively]: Chemical what d'you call 'ems: Please try to be more explicit.

艾略特[嘲弄地说]:麻烦你讲明白一点,什么叫化学反应…你怎么称呼它来着?


AMANDA: You know perfectly well what I mean, and don't you try to patronize me.

阿曼达:你很清楚我在说什么,还有别在我面前摆出一副屈尊附就的样子。


ELYOT [loudly]: Now look here, Amanda-

艾略特[大声叫道]:看看你!看看!阿曼达——


AMANDA [suddenly]: Darling, Sollocks! Oh, for God's sake, Sollocks!

阿曼达[突然喊]:亲爱的,索罗克斯!噢看在老天爷的份上,索罗克斯!


ELYOT: But listen-

艾略特:不,听着——


AMANDA: Sollocks, Sollocks, Oh dear-triple Sollocks!

阿曼达:索罗克斯!索罗克斯!天哪——索罗克斯三连!



推荐文章
评论(0)
联系我们|招贤纳士|移动客户端|风格模板|官方博客|侵权投诉 Reporting Infringements|未成年人有害信息举报 0571-89852053|涉企举报专区
网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2024  浙公网安备 33010802010186号 浙ICP备16011220号-11 增值电信业务经营许可证:浙B2-20160599
网络文化经营许可证: 浙网文[2022]1208-054号 自营经营者信息 工业和信息化部备案管理系统网站 12318全国文化市场举报网站
网信算备330108093980202220015号 网信算备330108093980204230011号
分享到
转载我的主页